Welcome to Camping 't Weergors
We think it is important that you feel at home on holiday, which is why we do everything we can to bring you a clean, green and above all pleasant holiday experience. With just that little bit of extra hospitality that our guests appreciate so much. And that lies in the homely reception, in our loyal team of employees and in the playful and characteristic way in which the campsite is set up.
Feel at home
A real family business for more than 55 years
't Weergors is a real family business and has existed for more than 55 years. Leen and Nel Riedijk started in 1964 on the small field next to the farm, receiving campers from Rotterdam. More and more people came to camp and the Riedijk couple decided to quit the dairy farm. Son Frans and his wife Dickie Riedijk gradually took over the management of the company. They now run the campsite together with their children Arda and Rob Riedijk.Our facilities
What does' t Weergors mean?
The name 't Weergors is closely linked to the history of Hellevoetsluis
The name 't Weergors is closely linked to the history of Hellevoetsluis. As early as the end of the fifteenth century, the polders 'Het Grote Weergors' and 'Het Kleine Weergors' were located on either side of what would later become the Hellevoetsluis fortress. The Great Weergors is now called Quackgors. A bunting is land that alternately floods during ebb and flow and falls dry again.
After the closure of the Haringvliet Dam in 1971, the tidal action ended and the water of the Haringvliet became fresh. To improve water quality, the locks were partially reopened in 2019 so that tides and sea water have a chance again.
'Peace and Tranquillity are my Passion'
The farm in which restaurant 't Karrewiel is located was built in its current form in 1869
‘t Karrewiel restaurant is located in the farm. The farm, in its current form, dates back to 1869. But the land on which the current farm sits previously functioned as a farm as far back as the 16th century. Remnants of the old farm were found during excavation work. What is now the restaurant used to be a feed storage room. In wintertime, the cows would be in the area that is now the café. The kitchen used to be a horse stable. The ‘Vrede en Rust is mijn Lust’ farm has been owned by the same family since 1971.
From farm to campsite
Over the years, the company has grown to approximately 16 ha
The Delta Works, the growth of Hellevoetsluis and the emerging residential recreation partly influenced the decision to say goodbye to the farm in 1964 and to go into recreation. Camping started with the small field next to the barn of the farm.View the map